Application Specialist - Software Support
RedSky Technologies, an E911 software solutions company based in Chicago, IL, is seeking proactive Project Managers.
- Are you analytical with a passion for technology?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and training customers with new software?
- And, are you looking for an opportunity with an innovative, growing company?
RedSky Technologies is the leading provider of on-premise and cloud-based E911 solutions. In 1999, we developed and patented the first automated software application to manage 911 location data. As technology has evolved, we have kept pace with emerging voice technology to meet the requirements of modern enterprises. Our E911 enterprise-class software is used by 50 of the Fortune 500 companies. Using state-of-the-art software development languages and frameworks, our solutions are designed to run in the most secure enterprise, government and virtual environments.
Join our team of application Specialists to guide and architect E911 application implementations. Use your business and technology acumen to provide support to our customers on installation, configuration, validation, and training. Support the sales team as they consult and sell E911 software applications. Build strong customer relationships by proactively solving a broad range of technical networking configuration issues. Reporting to the Support Manager, stay on task with implementation protocol to complete implementations within our four week goal. Manage up to six implementations concurrently using your strong project management, organizational and deadline driven approach.
- Install and configure RedSky’s E911 telephony platform products.
- Troubleshoot call center integration and configuration.
- Problem solve and guide customers (new and existing) with technical issues using critical thinking skills.
- Train users on software and provide ongoing support.
- Develop systems and design infrastructure..
- Generate and review documentation; provide written and verbal feedback on system requirements and design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and organization skill set.
- Able to rapidly learn new technologies and communicate effectively with various teams.
- Excellent project management experience with ability to systematically gather relevant information, address issues, and make prompt and insightful decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, telecommunications, or equivalent experience is preferred.
Preferred Technical Capabilities:
- Prefer at least one year of experience working with server administration. Preferably Linux or Red Hat.
- Networking knowledge such as TCP/IP connectivity and technologies.
- Experience in IP Telephony. Cisco, Avaya, or Asterisk is a plus!
- Exposure with data center design including system, storage, and networking.
- Familiar with databases (PostgreSQL) and VMWare Virtualization.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
RedSky Technologies will reward your talents with a compensation package that includes an attractive base salary. You will also receive a competitive benefits package including health, paid vacation, and holidays. Attractive downtown Chicago location is convenient to public transportation.
If you have a knack for solving IT problems with a passion for customer service, we encourage you to apply with your resume at email@example.com and reference the position Application Specialist.